Friday, April 18, 2014

The most important part when building your own gaming PC

Gaming Rig Photo from Wikipedia | CC

Building your own PC isn't that expensive. But if you're trying to build a gaming PC, you might find yourself spending more than you want to because gaming require a high end computer.

However, if you're on a budget, like me. There is a way for you to cheaply build a gaming computer that's able to play the latest game on medium setting. The idea is to focus your budget on things that really matter and important.

So, what are the most important part when building your own gaming PC? The answer is your motherboard.

You see, other part such as RAM,CPU and graphic card can be easily upgraded later when you have some extra cash. But you won't be able to upgrade these parts if your motherboard can support them. That's why if you're thinking about building a gaming computer with low budget, I recommended that you put most of your money on the motherboard.

What you'll want to do is to check the spec of the motherboard on it official website and see if the motherboard are able to support the latest CPU, graphic card and RAM.

For example, when I'm purchasing my motherboard, I had choose Gigabyte 78lmt-s2p motherboard because of it ability to support AM3 and AM3+ CPU and DDR3 RAM.

  • AM3+ is somewhat the newest CPU in the market.
  • DDR3 is also the newest RAM in the market

However, despite it ability to support AM3+ CPU, I use the AM3 CPU instead due to lack of budget. But, keep in mind that I am able to upgrade the CPU anytime later because the motherboard can support the newer AM3+ CPU.

So, if you're planning on building your own gaming PC but don't have a huge budget. I recommend focusing most of your budget on motherboard so you'll be able to upgrade your computer later when you have more extra cash to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...